It's been a while since i've posted a recipe on here. It's so easy to post recipes on Instagram but i do miss the creative writing that my website allows me to have. Theres nothing like getting lost in your thoughts and words, so here I am back on my website.
I used to love creating healthy desserts; especially gluten free and dairy free desserts, making them delicious without the guilt!
My brother, for the last few months has struggled with eating certain foods causing inflammation in his stomach and symptoms that mimic an intolerance to certain foods. He's therefore cut out ALOT of things from his diet. He mentioned to me a few days ago how he misses having sweet things as there isn't that much available to him, obviously this got my brain working and I wanted to be able to create desserts he could eat.
So I started with a favourite - Peanut butter and Chocolate brownies. These are dairy free, gluten free and only takes 30 minutes to make! What are you waiting for.
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of agave
3/4 cup of GF flour
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of sweetener
3 tsp of peanut butter
1. Pre heat oven to 1800 degrees
2. In a bowl mash the bananas, add the sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla, agave and whisk.
3. Then add the flour, salt and cacao powder.
4. Whisk together, then spoon in chocolate chips
5. Grease a baking tin with coconut oil
6. Pour the batter into the baking in
7. Then use a tsp and dollop the peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a knife and swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Allow the brownies to cool, then serve with ice cream or cream of your choice.