I'm usually a savoury breakfast kind of girl, but I can't resist a sweet treat every now and then, especially on weekends after a long cardio session! With this healthier recipe you will be able to enjoy pancakes, without the guilty feeling.
So what are dairy and gluten free pancakes like? They are light, fluffy and so delicious you won't be able to tell they are gluten and dairy free. These are more of an 'Amercian Style' pancake due to the thickness of the batter.
I have added lemon juice and frozen berries to my pancake stack, but the combinations you can enjoy are endless.
Ingredients - Serves 2
1/2 cup of Gluten Free Flour
60ml of almond milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of baking powder
Variations: Add cinnamon, Maca or berries for another element to your pancake stack.
1. Sift the Gluten free flour into a large mixing bowl and the baking powder.
2. In a separate mixing bowl whisk the eggs.
3. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture, add the almond milk and whisk until a thick smooth batter is formed.
4. Grease a frying pan with butter (dairy free) or oil and place on a medium heat.
5. Spoon the batter mixture into the frying pan, and tap the spoon in the centre of the pancake to make them level.
6. Cook the pancakes on each side for 2 minutes or until they are golden brown.
7. Serve the pancakes with your favourite toppings and tuck in! Why not try serving your pancakes with banana ice-cream > see recipe here